A Rowing News poll of readers just listed Nathan Benderson Park atop a group of 10 top rowing facilities across the USA. Other notables that made the list were the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia and Charles River in Boston, as well as Saratoga Springs, N.Y., Lake Natoma near Sacramento, Calif., and St. Catharines/Port Dalhousie, Ontario.
Nathan Benderson Park Tops the List:
- Nathan Benderson Park, Sarasota-Bradenton, Fla.
- Montlake Cut on Lake Washington, Seattle
- Lake Natoma, Sacramento, Calif.
- Melton Lake, Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- St. Catharines/Port Dalhousie, Ontario
- Charles River, Boston
- Schuylkill River, Philadelphia
- Cooper River, near Pennsauken, N.J.
- Tennessee River, outside Chattanooga
- Fish Creek, Sarasota Springs, N.Y.